I adore horses, so loved to see the happy horses at Northcote Heavy Horse Centre having fun in their field in the morning!
The centre is based in Lincolnshire, near Skegness. Their main aim is to give a peaceful, rich and rewarding life to the animals in their care, and to give them a forever, loving home.
They also help educate the public on the legacy and history of the horse, and the impact of the horse on the world today.
The coronavirus has hit them hard
Like so many places, they have had to close during the coronavirus but they say the good news is that they will be opening up soon – we all need to keep an eye on their Facebook page to watch for news!
This is very good news because the centre needs help if it is to get through at the moment. The centre was opened in 1988 and it has had many horses and animals through its doors, giving them a loving, caring forever home.
You can see their current animals here – not just horses and ponies! There are also ferrets, pigs, alpacas, terrapins and turtles, goats and birds of prey! One big happy family, needing help.
This is Merlin, the miniature Shetland who came to the centre in 2014
And this is Rosie, a rare Suffolk Punch – what a beautiful girl she is!
Ways to help the Northbrook Heavy Horse Centre:
- Make a donation – however small or large
- If you’re buying anything from Newbridge Tack and Feeds, spare a donation or buy a bag of pony cubes, fast fibre, chaff, savings, chicken, pig food, goat, or even straw. They are dropping donations off weekly. A huge thank you to them for their wish to help everyone at Northcote.
- Sponsor a horse – this could be a great gift for a horse lover!
- Support their GoFundMe appeal
- Visit when the centre opens up!
- Buy something off their Amazon wish list
Images on this blog © Northbrook Heavy Horse Centre